Terry K. Sherman
866-736-5270 (Toll Free)
614-439-2542 (After Hours/Emergency)
Terry K. Sherman was born on October 20, 1946 in Cleveland, Ohio and has been an attorney for more than 40 years.
Admitted to the Ohio State Bar in 1971 and began his career as a law clerk for Judge William K. Thomas of the US District Court (Northern District of Ohio).
From 1972 to 1978, tried felony cases representing the state of Ohio as an assistant Franklin County prosecutor.
Since 1978, in private practice exclusively in criminal defense in state and federal courts throughout Ohio.
Member of the Columbus Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Central Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Bar Association.
Frequent lecturer for the Ohio State Bar Association.
Graduated from Ohio University in 1968 with a degree in Business Administration (major in economics and a minor in English).
Graduated from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1971 with honors (cum laude).
Frequent Continuing Legal Education seminar lecturer for the Ohio State Bar Association on Opening Statement, Direct and Cross Examination and Closing Argument.
Attorney Terry Sherman is a highly experienced criminal defense lawyer with over 40 years of legal practice. He has tried over 300 jury trials and has received consistent legal honors throughout his career. Every year since 2004, attorney Sherman has been selected for inclusion in the Ohio Super Lawyer's list, as well as the Ohio list for Best Lawyer's in America. He also holds an AV rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking given. Read more about attorney Sherman and his extensive credentials below.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, attorney Terry K. Sherman provides legal advice and representation to criminal defense clients throughout the central region of the state. Contact his law firm toll free at 866-736-5270, to arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney. His office is conveniently located in the Brewery district, bordering German Village, in downtown Columbus. Office visitors can make use of the free off-street parking. His firm is available 24/7 and offers clients an emergency contact number. Flexible payment plans are available.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Drug Offenses
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1971
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio - 1971
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Ohio University
- Business Administration - 1968
- Major: Economics
- Minor: English
- Frequent Lecturer, Ohio State Bar Association
- Frequent Lecturer, Opening Statement, Direct and Cross Examination and Closing Argument, Ohio State Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Seminar
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Best lawyers in America, 2004 - 2013
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2013
- AV Rating in Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Central Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Judge Hon. William K. Thomas of the US District Court (Northern District of Ohio), Law Clerk
- Franklin County, Ohio, Assistant Franklin County Prosecutor